Time to share some more awesome blogs as part of being nominated for the “One Lovely Blog” Award!
Thank you to Joel from In the Desert With Jesus for the nomination. It’s nice to know my words have been enjoyed and taken in by others, but above all, I want those words to point to the One gives them to me. I always enjoy reading what you have to say in your blog because it’s solid stuff and it’s encouraging! So go check it out, people! I mean, you don’t have to, but I highly recommend it.
So here’s how this thing works, more or less:
“Thank the lovely person who nominated your blog and follow them. YES, FOLLOW ME!
Display the award and add this set of rules to your post so that your nominees will know what to do [the “Rules” are also Google-able].
Nominate 10 to 15 other lovely blogs, listing them in your post and notifying them, most commonly via a link in one of their blog posts.” [FYI Winners: don’t feel like you have to respond to this, or pass it on. Its main purpose is to encourage you, letting you know I’ve really enjoyed reading/following your blog! It’s also meant to share your blog because I think it’s awesome and worth sharing].
“List 7 interesting facts about yourself in the post.”
My Awesome and Lovely nominees are (in no particular order):(and I
(and I realize others may have nominated you before, but I’m doing it anyway because you’re Awesome. And Lovely.)
Now, 7 interesting facts about myself:
- “Adinade,” the moniker I use on WordPress, Xbox, and a plethora of other things, is a nickname born from a missing space between my name “Adina” and a piece of my last name. This typo came from a super-cheesy, student-made movie from when I was in grade 7 – what elementary-made movies aren’t? Once the cousins got a hold of the name…well, the rest is history.
- When I had bangs as a child and teen, I would twirl them one-handedly into a knot in seconds. Over and over, and particularly while reading. My family said the faster I twirled, the better the story.
- I don’t believe there is any such thing as too much cheese.
- One of my most favourite songs, “Home” by Phillip Phillips, I have listened to hundreds of times, literally, and I still love it. Really.
- I love soy sauce irrationally and completely. Enough so for people to question my boundaries regarding the seasoning.
- I have never broken a bone. I’ve had plenty of sets of stitches as a child (what can I say, I was a mule-headed girl), but never a broken bone.
- Speaking of mule-headedness: though the stubbornness has levelled out over the years (mostly), I still retain it. And use it, sometimes accompanying the phrase “Mule Powers Activate!” Since, y’know, the Wonder Twins did their “Wonder Twin powers activate” thing … silly, I know, but being stubborn has never been more fun! It’s mostly for the benefit of my family anyways, and they always get a kick out of it.
Alrighty, I think that does it.
So go give these blogs a gander – they’re worth it.